Sleepy Hollow Motel was first conceived by brothers Al and Francis Thompson along with their wives, Alyce and Agnes, respectively. Sleepy Hollow was built in 1955 and 1956 . The Thompsons operated the motel until July 1963, when they sold it to Christ and Olga Deckert. The Deckerts operated Sleepy Hollow until July 1965, then sold it to Joseph and Madeline Geram, who operated it until July 1, 1967.The motel and adjacent home were then purchased by Noel and Lois Medley. The Medley's hired Raymond and Mary Samuel who moved from Chicago to operate the motel. The Samuels operated the motel until July 1973, when Noel and Lois moved from Forrest Park, Illinois. The Medleys operated the motel from July 1973 until June 1995. In 1978 the Medleys added seven deluxe kitchenette suites for a total of twenty units.Sleepy Hollow Motel and home were purchased by William and Debra Pecha on June 1, 1995 when Lois and Noel decided to retire. Sleepy Hollow was then bought by the current owners, Chris and Laurie Wold in April 2007. At that time they added "Wildfire Trails Lounge" and updated the motels to exceed the current standards!